Buy Best Kudampuli Buy Online – 250gm
₹110.00 – ₹400.00
- Organically Grown
- Pure and Unadulterated
- Sourced directly from Kerala
Free shipping on orders over $50!
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
- No Hassle Refunds
- Secure Payments
Kudampuli, Garcinia cambogia, Malabar Tamarind, Brindleberry, Kerala Tamarind Buy Online from Yellowcassia.com
Yellowcassia.com brings you the best kudampuli sourced directly from farmers of Wayanad & Western ghat regions of Kerala.
Now make your Meen Vattichathu, Prawn and Mango Curry, Bitter Gourd and Dried Shrimp Stir Fry & Meen Peera (Fish with Grated Coconut) with high-quality Kerala Kudampuli from Yellowcassia.com
This is an essential ingredient in many Kerala fish and seafood recipes and is also used in some vegetable preparations. It is Garcinia cambogia but commonly referred to as Fish Tamarind, Malabar Tamarind, or Kerala Tamarind. Other names include Gambooge, Brindal Berry, and Gorikapuli.
In Ayurveda, it is used for treating stomach ulcers, arthritis, some uterine problems, to promote digestion and as carminative and antiseptic.
There are claims that it may reduce cholesterol levels. It is also widely accepted as a weight-reducing agent; several anti-obesity formulations containing dried and ground kudampuli rind are available in the market. New research indicates that kudampuli may be useful in diabetes management as well.
- Kudampuli or Malabar Tamarind is scientifically known as Garcinia Cambogia is a traditional spice available particularly in the Western Ghats and on the coastal areas of Kerala. It’s specifically used to add a sour taste in the authentic Kerala cuisines. Unlike its name Malabar tamarind, it’s a small round-shaped fruit that resembles a miniature of pumpkin.
- The ripened fruit looks yellow in color. When it’s ripened, remove the seed and dry it in sunlight. The next step is smoking for many days. It will be kept over the fireplace or open smokey chambers. This turns into black color after this process. This dried kudampuli can be kept for many years without getting spoiled. This natural souring agent also used for medicinal purposes in Ayurveda mainly famous for it’s ‘Weight loss Magic’.
- There are different ways in which people cook and mix this spice with their respective dishes. Given below are some of the traditional ways of using this ingredient. You can soak Kudampuli in 2 tbsp hot water for 10- 15 mins and add it to the masala along with the water. It will provide a hint of sourness to your dish. You can start with adding 2 pieces and add more later on if required. After making the curry, if feel the taste of Kudampuli is too strong, remove a few pieces from the curry.
- The quantity of Kudampuli depends on how strong it’s. It adds a tangy and spicy taste to the meal, making your dish relishing and more appetizing. Now make your Fish Curry, Prawns and Mango Curry, Bitter Gourd and Dried Shrimp, Stir Fry & Meen Peera (Fish with Grated Coconut) with high-quality Kerala Kudampuli.
- Spicy Carte supplies cleaned and handpicked it from selected Farmers of Edathua and Podiyadi in Alleppey District, Kerala to ensure the highest quality provided to you at your doorstep. They are best stored in tiny spice glass or steel airtight containers in a cool, dry place where they can keep for months. Fresh Spices are of potent in flavor, so make sure you use it sparingly for longer life and quality.
4 Delicious And Healthy Kudampuli Recipes You Must Cook!
1.Fish Curry :
South India has some of the most amazing fish recipes and this is one of them. If you love fish, then you surely gotta try this. Tasty fish cubes cooked in soaked kudampuli, it goes perfect with steamed rice. Soak some kudampuli in 1/2 cup lukewarm water and keep aside for later use. Take some water in a bowl and add chilly powder. Add some turmeric powder to it and mix well to make a thick paste.
Now, take a pan and heat some coconut oil. Add mustard seeds to it along with some fenugreek seeds and few curry leaves. Then, add sliced onions and crushed ginger and garlic. Saute till it all turns golden in color. Next, add the chilly-turmeric paste and cook till the oil separates. Add the soaked kudampuli and some salt to taste. Cover with a lid and let it come to boil. Now, add the fish pieces and allow it to boil. When it starts boiling, reduce the heat and cover the mixture with a lid. Cook this curry for 12-15 minutes on low flame.
Garnish your tasty fish curry with some curry leaves and slit green chilies. Serve hot with steamed rice. Make your curry healthy by adding our variety of kudampuli to it. You will surely crave for more kudampuli after trying our range.
An amazing and refreshing drink for summer is here. Served in several parts of the country, it is made with jaggery and ginger. Wash and soak some dry kudampuli in 1/2 cup water overnight. Make some jaggery syrup in a pan and keep aside. Heat a saucepan and add the jaggery syrup into it. Add some chopped ginger and the soaked kudampuli. Boil this mixture and then simmer for 15-20 minutes. Remove from it and allow it to cool. Blend it into a smooth paste. Strain this paste and store it. Mix this paste with some cedar vinegar and water to serve. Add ice cubes and serve chilled. It is not just refreshing but can also help you to lose weight. So, apart from regular exercise, you can try this juice to lose fats!
3. Raw Banana Curry)
One of the most popular dishes from the rich flavorful cuisine of Kerala. This traditional recipe is cooked mostly when someone has a fever or cold. Soak the Malabar tamarind pieces in lukewarm water for 15-20 minutes. Cut the raw banana into medium size cubes and put it into a vessel filled with water. Add some peppercorns and onion into a mixer. Add garlic and grind it into a paste. Heat a pan and add chilly powder. Put some coriander powder and cook for 2-3 minutes. Next, add the prepared mixture and saute well. Add 1 to 2 cups of water along with kudampuli pieces. Put some curry leaves and salt to taste. Cook for till it starts boiling. Add the banana cubes and cook for another 15-20 minutes.
Make sure the banana pieces get fully done and the curry becomes thick enough. Lastly, add some coconut oil and curry leaves. Serve hot with rice. This recipe will surely give a kick to your sick taste buds.
The ultimate weight loss recipe is here. Kudampuli charu is a healthy way to lose fats from the body. Take some kudampuli and soak in water for 30-45 minutes. Mash these kudampuli pieces and extract the water from it. Add water and repeat the process for 3-4 times to extract maximum content from it. Boil this extract for 10-15 minutes and allow it to settle down. Strain the mixture and store it in the refrigerator. Use this tangy mixture in rasam or sambar. Now, you know everything about how to use this Malabar tamarind in your meals. Curry or juice, cook whatever you like with kudampuli. Make your meals healthy and tangy!
Kudampuli is known to have anti-inflammatory properties helping to treat gastric and bowel disorders. It is also used in Ayurvedic medicines for the treatment of stomach ulcers, intestinal worms, and arthritis and also helps in promoting digestion.
Besides these health benefits, Kudampuli or Garcinia Cambogia is known to aid in weight loss by suppressing appetite. The HCA contained in the rind of the Kudampuli fruit prevents the conversion of carbohydrates into fats with the help of an enzyme Citrate Lyase. This weight loss property of Kudampuli is seeing a rapid increase in its usage. When you order Kudampuli online from Valley Spice you will receive the product fresh from the trees in South India.
250gm, 1 kg